The Basics—for Individual Artisans & Entrepreneurs:
- First Things First – A basic starter checklist for your new artisan business.
- Artist Portfolio 101 – What do you include? How do you organize it?
- Bookkeeping for Artists – Basic bookkeeping information.
- Pricing Policy for Artists – Keep it simple, be consistent.
- Writing Your Artist Statement – Have you written your Statement? Need to refresh your old one? Here are some suggestions!
- Photographing Your Work – Present your best work with great photography.
For Shops and Galleries:
- Gallery Show Checklist – Planning a Gallery Show? This is your To-Do checklist.
- Hospitality Matters! – Does your space say “Welcome!”?
Grow Your Business:
- Next Things Now – After you’ve gone through the First Things First checklist, here are your next steps!
- Media Kit Checklist – Have it handy, keep it fresh.
- Media Release – Don’t’ forget to alert the media!
- Website Checklist – Take a look at your site. Does it need a refresher?
- Being the Best on 6! – Some tips & tricks from a seasoned Artisan Trail Member.
PA Partners for the Arts Along Route 6:
The Pennsylvania Route 6 Heritage Corridor also has four PA Partners for the Arts, each serving their region with grant opportunities and other assistance. Find yours (by county, west to east):
Erie Arts & Culture
Counties Served: Crawford, Erie, Forest, Mercer, Venango, and Warren
Elk County Council on the Arts
Counties Served: Cameron, Clarion, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Potter
Bradford County Regional Arts Council
Counties Served: Bradford, Columbia, Lycoming, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Wyoming
Pocono Arts Council
Counties Served: Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Wayne
Organizations for Artists & Arts Businesses:
There are so many great organizations and websites with help for artists, arts organizations, shops, and galleries. Here are our top picks…
Pennsylvania State Arts Organizations:
National Arts Organizations: