“Do 6” in Austin, PA
Welcome to Austin, Pennsylvania
“Do 6” Mile Marker: 181
Tourism Region: PA Wilds
Top 6 Ways to “Do 6” in Austin, PA:
1. Visit Austin Dam Memorial Park – Visit the site of Potter County’s worst disaster, Austin Dam Memorial Park, a touching memorial to the 89 lives lost when the Austin Dam tragically collapsed in 1911.
2. Spend a Few Nights at Austin Campground – Set up camp and enjoy the 28 scenic acres at Austin Campground.
3. Take in the Stars at Cherry Springs State Park – Do some stargazing at nearby Cherry Springs State Park, the only Dark Sky Park on the east coast and an astronomer’s paradise with 0% light pollution!
4. Visit in August for Dam Stock Music Festival – Experience a music festival like no other, Dam Stock Music & Camping Festival, where original bands play classic rock tributes in front of an incredible backdrop of projections on concrete Austin Dam.
5. Hike through the PA Wilds – Hike an 85-foot loop of the Susquehannock Trail System to experience Pennsylvania’s majestic forests and curious wildlife.
6. Spot Some Elk at Sinnemahoning State Park – Hike, bike, boat, or camp in Sinnemahoning State Park and you’ll likely spot some resident elk!
Austin Contact Information:
Potter County Community Work Plan
“Do 6” in Potter County
More PA Heritage Communities: