Bike-Friendly Business Application
Join the PA Route 6 Bike-Friendly Business Program
Thank you for your interest in joining the PA Route 6 Bike-Friendly Business Program. Before filling out this application, please ensure that you meet the basic criteria listed below. Once you’ve submitted the application, please allow PA Route 6 Alliance up to 30 days to approve your business, add the listing to the website, and send you a welcome packet.
To Be Approved as “Bike-Friendly,” a Business Must:
- Be a current member of their County’s Convention & Visitor’s Bureau (CVB)
- Be friendly and welcoming to bicycling visitors
- Provide hospitality training to all staff and ensure all staff can answer questions about cycling PA Route 6 and surrounding areas
- Provide at least 3 of the following:
- Bike cleaning station
- Bike floor pump and tools for repair and/or bike mechanic available to hire
- Bike maps and area information
- Complementary lock for bikes while at the business
- Designated bike parking area in close proximity (bike rack, secure courtyard)
- Electronic charging available for devices
- Free water bottle refill
- Long-term vehicle parking for visitors taking multi-day bicycling trips
- Public restroom
- Shipping available for customer purchases
- Lodging properties must provide secure and dry bike parking for overnight guests, by allowing bikes in guest rooms or providing space in a locked storage room.
- Camping properties must accommodate bicyclists who arrive by bike without a reservation. If full, this could mean allowing bicyclists to set up their tent for one night in a day-use area.
Download the PA Route 6 Bike-Friendly Business Checklist for more detailed information and to prepare for the application form below.
About the Bike-Friendly Business Program
Download the Bike-Friendly Checklist
#BikePA6 Resource Page
Find Bike Shops & Resources on 6
Submit Bike Loops, Shops, Clubs, & Events!
PA Route 6 on Ride with GPS