Fall Farm Fun Along PA Route 6
Time for Some Fall Fun on the Farms Along Route 6!
With its abundance of agriculture, refreshingly cool weather, and stunning fall foliage, Pennsylvania’s Route 6 Heritage Corridor is the perfect place to experience the magic of autumn. When you’re not entranced by the stunning colors of the leaves, you’ll find endless opportunities along 6 for some fall fun on the farm ― from pumpkin patches to hayrides to farmers’ markets and more!
“Do 6” – Top 6 Ideas for Fall Farm Fun Along PA Rt. 6:
1. Climb & Play on a Hay Bale Tower! – Visit Brown Hill Farms in Tunkhannock and let the kids have some fun on the playground-like tower made with square bales and tube slides. Then, head out to the pumpkin patch to let them pick their own pumpkins.
2. See How Apples Get Pressed to Make Cider – Sip some fresh preservative-free cider while you watch locally grown apples get pressed to make cider at the Mansfield Cider Mill in Mansfield or Luminary’s Distillery & Fuhrman’s Cider Mill in Erie, PA.
3. Make Your Way Through a Corn Maze – Get lost in the huge corn maze at Roba Family Farms, but make sure to find your way out so you can try out all the other neat activities, like the Tractor Test Track, Low Ropes Grove, and Apple Cannons.
4. Sip a Pumpkin Spice Latte While You Pick Out Produce – Enjoy a pumpkin spiced latte while you pick out some produce, fresh baked goods, and fall mums at Shores Sisters Farm Market in Towanda.
6. Feast on Farm-to-Table Creations from a Professional Chef – Visit Pocono Organics’ Market & Cafe to try the chef’s delicious dishes prepared with organic produce from their fields and greenhouses.
But, Don’t Limit Your Fall Fun!
There are far more than 6 fun fall activities along Pennsylvania’s Rt. 6. Check out these neat places to see and fun things to do…
- Goodell Gardens & Homestead in Edinboro, PA
- The Stourbridge Line’s Pumpkin Express in Honesdale, PA
- Tioga Trail Rides through the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon in Wellsboro, PA
- Port Farms in Waterford, PA
- Kinzua Sky Walk at the Kinzua Bridge State Park in Mt. Jewett, PA
Planning on Doing Some “Leaf Peeping” Along 6? See the Top 6 Spots for Fall Foliage HERE!