"Do 6" in White Mills, PA
Welcome to White Mills, Pennsylvania!
The Pennsylvania Heritage Community of White Mills may be small, but it packs a big punch of history! The community prides itself on a rich heritage of thriving industry thanks primarily to Christian Dorflinger and his Dorflinger Glass Factory, which produced exquisite cut lead glass so popular it graced the tables of America’s finest, including the White House. Now, a visit to White Mills provides a serene escape in the Pocono Mountains with exciting opportunities for exploring the heritage of an American industrial center.
“Do 6” Mile Marker: 364
Tourism Region: Upstate PA & Pocono Mountains
Top 6 Ways to “Do 6” in White Mills, PA:
1. Explore the Regional, National, & Global Impact of the Dorflinger Glass Industry – Visit the Dorflinger Factory Museum—housed in the restored Dorflinger Glass Factory itself—to explore the history of the Dorflinger Glass industry and see the largest collection of Dorflinger cut crystal in the world!
2. Commune with Nature on the Trails of the Dorflinger-Suydam Wildlife Sanctuary – Take a walk or do some cross-country skiing through the well-maintained trails of the 600-acre Dorflinger-Suydam Wildlife Sanctuary.
3. Explore Even MORE Exquisite Dorflinger Cut Crystal – Visit the Dorflinger Glass Museum, housed in the former home of cut lead crystal founder, Christian Dorflinger, to see another exceptional collection of Dorflinger Cut Glass.
4. Take the Stourbridge Line Along the Lackawaxen River – Board the restored vintage railcars of The Stourbridge Line for a fun excursion along the scenic Lackaqwaxen River.
5. Go Treasure Hunting at The Old Sandhouse Antiques & Uniques – Spend some time shopping at White Mills’ eclectic antique store, The Old Sandhouse Antiques & Uniques, to find vintage, industrial, or just plain old fun treasures!
6. Appreciate the Artists & Artisans of the Region – Spend some time at one of our Route 6 Artisan Trail stops, The Art Factory of White Mills, a 4,000-square-foot gallery filled from floor to ceiling with artworks of all styles, media, and price points by over 65 regional artists!
Honesdale, Hawley, & White Mills Work Plan
Pocono Mountain Visitors Bureau
“Do 6” in Wayne County
More PA Heritage Communities: