“Do 6” in Mansfield, PA!
Welcome to Mansfield, Pennsylvania!
Centrally located in Tioga County and central to the county’s activity, entertainment, and culture, the Pennsylvania Heritage Community of Mansfield lives up to its nickname of “Crossroads of the Northern Tier!” The Victorian architecture of Mansfield’s Main Street houses jam-packed antique stores, small-town businesses, and delicious dining establishments. The University on the hill provides an eclectic array of arts and cultural events and a plethora of interesting visitors, too. All of this—nestled in the picturesque mountains of northern Pennsylvania—just a hop, skip, and jump from endless outdoor recreation opportunities at nearby Pennsylvania’s Grand Canyon, Hills Creek State Park, and Cowanesque Lake.
“Do 6” Mile Markers: 234
Tourism Region: PA Wilds
Top 6 Ways to “Do 6” in Mansfield, PA:
1. Explore Mansfield’s Landmarks & Architecture – Grab the Mansfield Walking Tour Brochure and head out for a stroll and some learning.
2. Have Some Family Fun at Bucktail – Spend a few days (or just a few hours) at Bucktail Family Fun Park & Camping Resort. The kids will love the carousel, miniature ride-on train, arcade game room, boat swings, zipline, and huge sand-filled playground!
3. Kayak in Mill Cove – Visit the Mill Cover Environmental Center for a kayaking adventure amidst the PA Wilds.
4. Visit in September for Luma in the Streets – The last Saturday of each September, the community teams up with Mansfield University to host Luma in the Streets, a street fair celebrating Mansfield’s history-making first night football game played under electric lights back in 1892.
5. Enjoy the Outdoors at Hills Creek State Park – Spend some time in nature at 407-acre Hills Creek State Park. Choose from camping, swimming, picnicking, hiking, boating, fishing, and more – or do them all!
6. Explore the Past at The History Center on Main Street – Visit the History Center on Main Street, housed in one of the borough’s oldest buildings and showcasing a plethora of artifacts, albums, photos, and other resources about the history of Mansfield and surrounding areas.
Mansfield Contact Information:
Mansfield Community Work Plan
Mansfield Chamber of Commerce
Mansfield Walking Tour
“Do 6” in Tioga County
More PA Heritage Communities: