The team at PA Route 6 is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information to help keep visitors, businesses and community members safe. We encourage travelers to follow the travel guidelines offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities. Some informational resources include:
Resources for Current Information on COVID-19:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- PA Governor’s Office
- PA Department of Health
- US Travel Association
Grants & Funding Opportunities for Businesses & Organizations Impacts by COVID-19:
(Click on the Program Name for more information and to apply.)
- The Progress Fund’s COVID-19 Pennsylvania Small Business Assitance — A grant program providing COVID-19 relief for small businesses across the entire state of Pennsylvania.
- ILS BIG List of COVID-19 Assistance Programs — An ongoing list of grant & loan programs that can help small, locally owned businesses weather the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Fresh Food Financing Initiative COVID-19 Relief Fund — Funds available to for-profit and nonprofit/cooperative entities impacted by COVID-19, including grocery stores, corner stores, convenience stores, neighborhood markets, bodegas, food hubs, mobile markets, farmers markets, on-farm markets, urban farms, & food aggregation centers with a direct connection to direct-to-consumer retail outlets. Applications due: Aug. 14, 2020.
- The HartBeat of Main Street Grant Program — Grants of $5K-$15K to support brick-&-mortar businesses in commercial districts as they respond & adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic. Special consideration is given to those within historic downtown commercial districts and diverse-owned businesses, as defined by the Small Business Administration as a minority, woman, veteran, disabled, &/or LGBTQ-owned. Applications open the week of July 27th & continue for 4 weeks after they open (~ Mon., Aug. 24, 2020) or until 500 applications have been submitted, whichever is sooner.
- Help for Tenants, Landlords, & Homeowners — Help available for tenants experiencing difficulty paying rent as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic & their landlords through the CARES Rent Relief Program. Assistance is available for homeowners experiencing difficulty making mortgage payments as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic through the CARES Pandemic Mortgage Assistance Program (PMAP.) Applications accepted through Wed., Sep. 30, 2020, or when funds run out.
- Main Street Lending Program — Business loans to help eligible medium-sized & small companies through the COVID-19 pandemic. Offers 4-year loans, with floating rates, & the principal & interest payments deferred during the 1st year to assist businesses facing temporary cash flow interruptions.
Additional Resources for Businesses & Organizations:
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development
- Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association
- American Hotel and Lodging Association
- U.S. Small Business Administration