What’s New (and Old) Along Pennsylvania Route 6 in 2019
This year, outdoor recreation is in the forefront as more opportunities to get outside are happening across US Route 6 in Pennsylvania with the designation of the US Route 6, otherwise known as Bike Route Y to the national bike route system (USBR 36) and the opening of more rails to trails that connect to Route 6, like the Knox-Kane Rail Trail from Kinzua Bridge State Park to Mt. Jewett Boro in McKean County.
More and more specialty dining and craft breweries are popping up along Route 6 Heritage Corridor. These places not only are great places to enjoy a meal or beverage, but they also tell a piece of local history and heritage. Some of the new places to visit are:
- Pig Island Brewery – 98 Main Street, Bradford, PA, is a new independent craft brewery and taproom. This craft brewery will be specializing in scotch ales, stouts, and IPAs. Pig Island Brewery is named for a colorful part of Bradford’s past when a certain section of the oil boomtown of Bradford was called “Bad Bradford” in the 1800s, a reference to the brothels and gambling dens located there. Find more information here.
- Table 105 – 105 N Fraley St, Kane, PA, offers fresh and delicious steak and fresh seafood created from sustainably resourced, quality ingredients. “Our goal is to have the freshest seafood, the most flavorful steaks, and specialty bacon which will sear its flavor into your food memory.” Their décor features huge slices of native Black Cherry Timber playing tribute to their location in Kane, Pennsylvania, the Black Cherry Timber Capital of the World. Find more information here.
- Logyard Brewing – Enjoy a world-class craft beer at Logyard Brewing, located in the Black Cherry capital of the world: Kane, PA. Logyard Brewing specializes in hyper-local ingredients native to the PA Wilds. These distinct flavor profiles range from Black Birch to Black Cherry. In addition to these unique elements, Logyard Brewing incorporates classic beer styles, including Kolsch, Pale Ale, IPA, Stouts, and many more.
- 403 Broad, an Italian restaurant next door to the historic Hotel Fauchere in Milford, PA, has opened for lunch and dinner. Chef Brandon Grimila uses locally-grown and -sourced fresh produce and ingredients to create his delicious cuisine.
- Log Tavern Brewing, at 309 East Harford St in Milford, PA, is a small batch microbrewery featuring local music on Sundays.
PA Rt. 6 Events Worth Attending in 2019
- Tall Ships Erie returns to the Lake Erie shores August 22-25, 2019 showcasing approximately 8-10 tall ships, onboard tours & sail-aways, live music and entertainment, children’s activities, a festival marketplace, food vendors, a beer garden and MUCH more!
- In July, the second annual Elliot Ness Festival will line the streets of Coudersport with antique cars, law enforcement displays and re-enactments of life in the Roaring ’20s and the legacy of Ness and Al Capone.