“Do 6” in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania
Welcome to Lackawanna County, PA!
Rolling mountains, small communities, industrial hubs, and bustling shopping districts; Traveling Route 6 through Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, takes you on a journey through the progression of America itself. Settled by patriots and forged by immigrants, the region holds fast to its multicultural heritage. Tour the area to experience the history that runs deep to the root of America’s industrialization.
About Lackawanna County:
Mile Markers: 322–347
Tourism Region: Upstate PA
“Do 6” – Things to Do in Lackawanna County:
1. Explore Steamtown National Historic Site — Visit the only National Park dedicated solely to steam locomotion, Steamtown National Historic Site and take an excursion ride on a restored steam locomotive!
2. Go Underground at the Lackawanna Coal Mine — Descend 300 feet underground while touring a restored hard coal mine on the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour.
3. Learn Something New at Electric City Trolley Station & Museum — Visit the Electric City Trolley Station and Museum in Scranton, the birthplace of the American electric trolley system.
4. Appreciate our Heritage at the Pennsylvania Anthracite Heritage Museum — Spend some time at the Pennsylvania Anthracite Heritage Museum to learn more about the hardworking immigrants who settled in Lackawanna County to build better lives and ended up helping to build a better nation.
5. Explore “The Office” Sites on the Dunder Mifflin of Scranton — Explore the world of the NBC hit television show, “The Office”, by taking a self-guided Dunder Mifflin Tour in Scranton.
Lackawanna County’s Amazing Prospects:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings distinct “amazing prospects”—unique and alluring sites, landmarks, and attractions that tell tales of oil, coal, timber, and crops. Let’s look at Lackawanna County’s…
National Recreation Trail Adventures in Lackawanna County:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings a unique system of top-notch trails and new opportunities for adventures amidst that county’s natural beauty, rich heritage, and welcoming communities. Let’s see what adventures we can find on the trails of Lackawanna County, PA…
Major Cities in Lackawanna County:
PA Heritage Communities in Lackawanna County:
Plan Your Trip to Lackawanna County!
Lackawanna County Convention & Visitors Bureau
135 Jefferson Ave
Scranton PA 18503
Phone: 570-496-1701 or 800-22-WELCOME
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 AM – 4 PM