“Do 6” in Wyoming County, PA
Welcome to Wyoming County, PA!
Rolling meadows, Victorian villages, and a history dating back to America’s infancy; Wyoming County has been attracting travelers since the 1700s. Scenic landscapes and lush farmland hold the story of the area’s first settlers, but the quaint towns entertain abundant history, too.
About Wyoming County:
Mile Markers: 291-321
Tourism Region: Upstate PA & Endless Mountains
“Do 6” – Things to Do in Wyoming County:
1. Go Back to Pioneer Days – Take a tour of “The Oldest House” in four counties, a wonderfully preserved wooden structure dating back to 1781, containing countless stories from its many purposes, including as a ferry station, a post office, and an antique shop.
2. View the Impressive Tunkhannock Viaduct – Stand in awe of the Tunkhannock Viaduct, a massive stone railroad crossing built in 1915, comprised of ten arches spanning 2,735 feet across and 240 feet above the valley.
3. Get to Know the Nature of the Endless Mountains – Learn about the natural resources and wildlife of Wyoming County while visiting the Endless Mountains Nature Center.
4. Appreciate Historic Architecture – Stroll the Tunkhannock Historic District where beautiful Victorian homes, antique shops, specialty stores, and homey restaurants populate tree-lined streets.
5. Spend a Day Outside – Enjoy the natural scenery of Tunkhannock’s Riverside Park while fishing, hiking, picnicking, boating, skating, or simply playing!
6. Hike to Little Rocky Glen – Explore the cliffs and ledges of Little Rocky Glen, a 100-foot deep shale and sandstone gorge carved out by the south branch of Tunkhannock Creek.
Wyoming County’s Amazing Prospects:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings distinct “amazing prospects”—unique and alluring sites, landmarks, and attractions that tell tales of oil, coal, timber, and crops. Let’s look at Wyoming County’s…
National Recreation Trail Adventures in Wyoming County:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings a unique system of top-notch trails and new opportunities for adventures amidst that county’s natural beauty, rich heritage, and welcoming communities. Let’s see what adventures we can find on the trails of Wyoming County, PA…