“Do 6” in McKean County, Pennsylvania
Welcome to McKean County, PA!
McKean County is “trail central” in Pennsylvania! Whether traversing landscapes by bicycle or car or traveling forests by foot or snowmobile. The power of nature and mankind will amaze you, especially when observed via Longhouse National Scenic Byway or the Kinzua Sky Walk!
About McKean County:
Mile Markers: 115-164
Tourism Region: Pennsylvania Wilds
“Do 6” – 6 Things to Do in McKean County:
1. Take in the Views at the Kinzua Gorge – Walk the “tracks across the sky” via the Kinzua Sky Walk in Mount Jewett.
2. Camp in the Allegheny National Forest – Rent a rustic cabin or set up camp at Willow Bay Campground, amidst the nature of the Allegheny National Forest.
3. Explore Iconic American Products – Visit the Zippo/Case Museum in Bradford to learn more about two iconic American products and their impact on society.
4. Take a Drive Along the Longhouse National Scenic Byway – Take a leisurely drive along the Longhouse National Scenic Byway, through the Allegheny National Forest.
5. Learn Some WW II History – Explore the stories of the men and women who won World War II while visiting the Eldred WW II Museum.
6. Hike the Marilla Trail System – Go for a hike through the Marilla Trail System, an interconnecting system of five trails for hikers of varying abilities.
McKean County’s Amazing Prospects:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings distinct “amazing prospects”—unique and alluring sites, landmarks, and attractions that tell tales of oil, coal, timber, and crops. Let’s look at McKean County’s…
National Recreation Trail Adventures in McKean County:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings a unique system of top-notch trails and new opportunities for adventures amidst that county’s natural beauty, rich heritage, and welcoming communities. Let’s see what adventures we can find on the trails of McKean County, PA…