“Do 6” in Potter County, Pennsylvania
Welcome to Potter County, PA!
They call it “God’s Country,” and with 1,192,713-acres of pristine wilderness and over 800-miles of trout streams, it’s easy to see why! While traveling through Potter County, Pennsylvania, you’ll experience beautiful rolling landscapes dotted with charming country towns.
About Potter County:
Rt. 6 Mile Marker: Between 165 and 200
Tourism Region: Pennsylvania Wilds
“Do 6” – Things to Do in Potter County:
1. Learn Something New at the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum – Discover why timber is the number one industry in Potter County at the Pennsylvania Lumber Museum.
2. Enjoy Galeton’s Charm – Take a self-guided tour of Galeton, where exquisite architecture and endless woods bear witness to the area’s lumbering past.
4. Hike through the PA Wilds – Hike an 85-foot loop of the Susquehannock Trail System to experience Pennsylvania’s majestic forests and curious wildlife.
5. Visit Austin Dam State Park – Visit the site of Potter County’s worst disaster, Austin Dam Park, a beautiful memorial to the 89 lives lost when the dam tragically broke in 1911.
6. Explore Historic Downtown Coudersport – Explore the Victorian-era architecture, artisan shops, and delightful restaurants of downtown Coudersport, recognized on the National Register of Historic Places and considered “a superb example of 19th-century small-town America”.
Potter County’s Amazing Prospects:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings distinct “amazing prospects”—unique and alluring sites, landmarks, and attractions that tell tales of oil, coal, timber, and crops. Let’s look at Potter County’s…
National Recreation Trail Adventures in Potter County:
Each county along the Pennsylvania Heritage Corridor brings a unique system of top-notch trails and new opportunities for adventures amidst that county’s natural beauty, rich heritage, and welcoming communities. Let’s see what adventures we can find on the trails of Potter County, PA…